Rules and Regulations for Visitors to the Omaha Dog Parks
The Omaha Dog Park Advocates and the City of Omaha ask that you follow certain rules of “petiquette” when you and your dogs enter either one of the Omaha Dog Parks. Following these rules will make your dog park visit a pleasant one for everyone. Dog owners/handlers are personally and legally responsible for their animals. You are using this facility at your own risk and are liable for any and all damages the dog you supervise creates.
- STAY WITH YOUR DOG!
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting the park.
- Owners must be in control of their dog(s) at all times. Do not bring more dogs than you can handle.
- All waste must be picked up, bagged and disposed of immediately, completely and properly.
- First time users should visit the dog park during non-peak times. First time visits can be stressful for dogs and owners.
- All park gates must remain closed at all times other than during entry and/or exit.
- No toys are allowed in the park.
- No people food, dog treats or dog food is allowed in the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted in the park. Owners are liable if their dog harms another dog or human.
- Owners of aggressive dogs risk harming others and creating a liability for themselves.
- If your dog displays aggressive or mounting behavior more than twice per visit, leash him/her and remove him/her from the park.
- Owners are solely responsible for preventing injuries and for offering assistance to those injured by their dog(s). If your dog inflicts any injury, give your name and telephone number to the other owner before leaving the park.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Puppies under 4 months are not permitted to use the park.
- All dogs using the park must have current certificate of vaccination against rabies.
- All dogs must be under voice control.
- Please refrain from smoking.
- Please repair any damage your dog(s) create while visiting the park.
- All areas both in and outside the park must remain clean and clear of dog waste, litter and cigarette butts.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must have a current city license.
- Bring water for your dog. Water is not guaranteed by the city.
- Abide by the City of Omaha’s park rules and regulations.
- If you are asked to leave the park due to your dogs’ behavior, you should honor that request.
- No glass receptacles or alcohol are permitted in the park.
- Bike riding, skateboarding, rollerblading/skating and sledding are prohibited inside the dog park.
- No digging.
To Report Issues
To report an animal related incident at this facility, please contact
The Nebraska Humane Society Animal Control: 402-444-7800.
To report equipment damage or a maintenance issue regarding this facility, please contact
The Omaha Parks and Recreation Office: 402-444-5900.
To report any non-animal related incident, please call 9-1-1.